Business Insurance

Business Insurance

Business insurance coverage is available to protect a wide variety of interests that you use to operation your business. Coverage is available for everything from property and liability to vehicles to employee practices liability, breach of contract, and many others.

A Business Owner Policy (BOP) combines the property and liability Insurance coverages into one policy.

Request A Quote
Commercial Insurance

Business Property

Business property insurance, either purchased separately or in combination with liability coverage as part of a business owner policy, can cover such assets as:

  • Building
  • Business personal property
  • Computers
  • Furniture and fixtures
  • Inventory
  • Equipment
  • Raw materials
  • Finished goods

Of course, your business may require that you have on premise specialty items that do not fit in any of the above categories. Virtually any tangible asset can be insured that are located at your place of business…or even anywhere in the world.

Request A Quote
Business Insurance

Business Liability

Business liability insurance can also be purchased separately or as part of a Business Owner Policy. Liability insurance is designed to provide protection against loss should you become liable for injuries to someone or damage to someone’s property.

Other coverages available through a BOP include:

Loss of Income

If you suffer a covered loss and you find your income suffers as a result, this coverage will make up the difference. Often times the actual loss you sustain not to exceed 1 year.

Data Breach

This coverage gives you access to professionals who can advise you of regulatory requirements, guide you on how to prevent a data breach loss, and handle a date breach crisis should one occur

Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)

EPLI provides protection from employment related claims such as:

  • Discrimination – race, sex, age, etc.
  • Wrongful discipline
  • Retaliation
  • Harassment
  • Violation of the Family Medical Leave Act
  • Failure to promote
  • Wrongful termination
  • Employee Dishonesty

Other Available Business Coverages

  •  Computers and Media
  • Debris Removal
  • Personal Property of Others
  • Temperature Change
  • Outdoor Signs
  • Valuable Papers & Records
  • Money & Securities
  • Water Backup
  • Additional Insureds
  • Employee Benefits Liability
  • Equipment Breakdown
  • Identity Recovery
  • Brands and Labels
  • Claim Expenses
  • Computer Fraud
  • Employee Dishonesty (including ERISA)
  • Fine Arts
  • Forgery
  • Laptop Computers- Worldwide Coverage
  • Off Premises Utility Services – Direct Damage
  • Outdoor Signs
  • Pairs or Sets
  • Property at Other Premises
  • Salespersons’ Samples
  • Sewer and Drain Back Up
  • Sump Overflow or Sump Pump Failure
  • Tenant Building and Business Personal Property
  • Coverage-Required by Lease
  • Transit Property in the Care of Carriers for Hire
  • Unauthorized Business Card Use
Request A Quote
Commercial Insurance

Business Auto Insurance

Vehicle insurance for your business deserves to be a high priority protection. That’s just what Fingar Insurance offers. We can provide business vehicle insurance coverage for you and your employees for the vehicles you own, lease, rent or borrow – on the road and off. More importantly, vehicle insurance can help prevent an accident from damaging your bottom line.

Whether you’re operating a single vehicle or a fleet, Fingar Insurance offers you ways to help protect your company, manage risks and help control your costs.

An automotive mishap can expose your business to complex high exposure, putting its assets at risk. Without the right commercial vehicle insurance coverage, you as the business owner may even find yourself personally responsible.

Meanwhile, the loss of cars, vans, trucks or specialty vehicles can hamper your ability to operate your business, threaten hard-won customers and hurt business relationships.

Accidents can damage your reputation, and put in question your concern for employee and public safety. So, don’t let a split-second bout of bad luck put a business that took years to build in jeopardy.

Understanding your auto insurance

The more you understand your auto insurance policy, the better we can work together to protect you. Following are some of the most commonly used terms. For a complete explanation of these and other insurance terms and coverages, you should always consult your agent.

Bodily injury liability coverage
Pays claims against you, including the cost of your legal defense, resulting from injuries to other persons in an automobile accident for which you are legally liable.

Collision insurance
Optional coverage that reimburses you for damage to your vehicle resulting from overturning or from colliding with another object, including another vehicle, regardless of who is at fault.


Comprehensive insurance
Reimburses you for damage to your vehicle from causes other than a collision or overturning, including hail, flood, theft, fire, glass breakage, falling objects, explosions, earthquakes, windstorms, vandalism or malicious mischief, riot or civil commotion, and collision with a bird or animal.


The portion of an insured loss you pay before the insurance company starts picking up the bill.

Liability insurance
Pays claims against you as well as your legal defense costs when you are legally responsible for an accident in which you have injured another person or damaged his or her property.

No-Fault auto insurance/personal injury protection (PIP)
Coverage through which the financial losses you, your passengers or a pedestrian sustain from an auto accident, such as medical and hospital costs and lost income, are paid by your insurance company regardless of who is at fault.

Property damage
Pays for claims for your financial loss if you are found liable for physical damages to tangible property belonging to a third party.

Supplementary uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (SUM)
Uninsured motorist coverage pays for injuries sustained by you and your passengers caused by an uninsured motorist or a hit-and-run driver. Underinsured motorist coverage pays when you or your passengers are injured as a result of negligence by someone with insufficient liability insurance to cover your losses.

Hired and non-owned auto liability and physical damage

Provides liability and physical damage coverage for vehicles your company does not own.  For instance an employee may use their car to run an errand and causes bodily injury or property damage to someone or something.  Your company is sued and without the Hired and non-owned auto liability coverage, there would be no coverage.

Also, you may rent a car while on a business trip or while a vehicle is out of service.  Same scenario but this time you have damage to the hired car as well.  If you have hired physical damage coverage, the insurer will pay for damages to th