Landlord Insurance

Fingar Insurance provide homeowner insurance in Columbia and Greene counties of NY

When the property you own is also a source of income, protecting it against loss is even more important. You have many coverage options to choose from—some come standard and others are add-ons.  Talk to us about what landlord coverage types are available to you.

Dwelling protection
Covers your rental property and the structures attached to it, like a deck, if something should happen to them.

Other structures protection
Covers garages, sheds and other buildings that is separate from your rental property.

Liability coverage
Liability coverage covers you if you’re sued after an accident, damage or loss related to your property. For example, you might be subject to a lawsuit if your tenant injures himself on broken stairs in your rental. Liability coverage typically also covers the cost of your legal defense as well as the cost of a potential judgment against you.

Loss of Rents
Loss of rent coverage helps pay the rental income you would otherwise lose if your rental becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss and your tenants have to move out. You can keep the money coming in for up to 12 months while the unit is being repaired or rebuilt.

Premises medical protection
This type of coverage can help pay for reasonable and necessary medical expenses if someone is injured in an accident on your rental property.

Vandalism coverage
If your rental is vandalized, this add-on can help cover the cost to repair or replace what was damaged. It also provides coverage for belongings used for the rental property.

Burglary coverage
In the event of a burglary, adding burglary coverage to your landlord insurance policy could help pay for the repairs or replacements your dwelling needs. It covers belongings used for your rental property as well.

Rental property under construction
If you’re renovating a rental property or building a new construction, this additional coverage could help cover the dwelling before it’s ready for occupancy.

Building code coverage
When you’re fixing things up after a covered loss, adding building code coverage to your landlord policy could help cover the increased cost of enforcing any building codes, ordinances or laws regulating the construction, reconstruction, maintenance, repair or demolition of your dwelling.